Thursday 17 November 2016

Main Task: Music Magazine Planning

These are several pages from Magazines which caught my eye, I analysed them and picked out things that appealed to me, analysed all of the codes and conventions and used these to plan out the pages of my Music Magazine.


This first image is of a front cover by Classic Rock, which features Aerosmith as its headline and central image. The use of this band is what first attracted me to this front cover, this shows that this cover is designed to attract fans of this band and the same genre of music. The Masthead is in large, bold writing which stands out from the rest of the cover, even with the central image colliding with the masthead, it is still easy to read due to the typography. The cover lines feature a variety of colours and fonts in order to highlight key elements and to separate the titles from the information.



This image is of a Contents Page again by Classic Rock. This Page appeals to me since it separates its central image and its text in order to avoid collision with each other and to make the page easier to read. The central image I also find interesting; the use of the band Rolling Stones would attract fans of the band and its genre, the old photographic filter adds an artistic feel to the image. the contents themselves are numbered with red numbers which makes them stand out from the rest of the text.



This is a Double Page Spread by Kerrang. This page appeals to me due to the dark backgrounds and images which highlight the text, making it easier to read. The images include the band 'My Chemical Romance' this would attract fans of the band as well as fans of the genre. The typography also appeals to me; it uses a variety of fonts and colours to make certain parts stand out from the rest of the page, The page uses both white and red text to highlight certain parts of the  page, such as the titles of the cover lines. The use of monochrome and red makes the page seem dark, similar to the style of the band featured, I intend to use a similar colour scheme for my magazine pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment