Friday 7 October 2016

Prelim Task: College Magazine

Prelim Task: College Magazine
I have been researching college magazines more specifically how they lay out their front covers, contents pages and double page spreads
I have been using Adobe Photoshop and In-design to create these documents.

These Pictures were taken during our lesson, we had to use these in order to make our 'college magazine'. We created this college magazine with a; 'front cover' 'double page spread' and 'contents page' this is so we can get used to using Photoshop and in-design. As well as prepare us for the main task; creating our own Music Magazine.


For this image I turned it into monochrome, I did this in Photoshop by opening this image, going into 'Image' and selecting the 'Black/White' option. Then I was able to adjust the lighting and contrast to get the image looking the way I wanted it to.
 
 
With this image I did the same thing with the image on my front cover, but I made the image a different colour instead of black and white, instead I went for a colour more similar to old style photographs.


This is another image that I wanted to change into monochrome. like the others I did this by going into 'Image' and then selecting the 'Black/White' option.




This is the Final image of Paddy where I have removed the background from the image as well as the 'Box outline' this is so the image will be visible in front of other images without having a white box in the way of the image behind.

This is the final Product of my Contents Page. I was able to place in my own backgrounds and images as well as changed the size and font of the cover lines to make the text more visible.
 


This is the final product of my front cover, I changed the colour of the text to green in order for it to stand out in front of the darker background.
 
This is the base of my contents page, the boxes with X's in them will be where images will be placed, the dotted lines will be where the cover lines will go.
 
 
Here I have started adding in image, I did this by clicking on the box where I want to add an image, then I selected 'File' then 'Place' then I pick the desired image, then the image will appear inside the box, if it is too small or out of place I changed the size of the image by clicking on it and stretching it. I made sure to hold shift while stretching the image in order to keep it the same shape as originally intended.






 
Here I made my own background in Photoshop, I used a 'Brush Pre-set' that looked like leaves. I outlined the image with the Brush  and, using the bucket tool, made the background a darker shade of green, this is where the images or text will be placed.

This is the final Product of my Double Page Spread, I have made the text smaller so it would fit into place with the background as well as moved the images to make them stand apart from the text, in order to make it easier to read.








2 comments:

  1. Comments needed please James.
    You created lots of great work and it is great to see it via screen shot images, thumbnails etc, so now discus methods, programs used etc.
    To be uploaded before lesson tomorrow.
    Mrs McD-H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still need to do all of this as it is excellent quality work but poor quality analysis - please do this as a matter of importance.
    Mrs McD-H

    ReplyDelete